1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2.Entry Period: The “‘Comedy Central's Mash-Up Contest” (the “Contest”) commences on September 7, 2012 and ends on November 27, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM (ET) on the Tuesday during the respective Week, as set forth below in Paragraph 4. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Contest.
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to individuals who are: (i) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia, (ii) are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and (iii) have an account on www.twitter.com to enter. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (“VMN”), Twitter Inc. (“Twitter”) and each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to enter this Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Contest Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. To Enter: During the Contest Period, from your Twitter account, tweet word-based mash-ups with the #ccmashup hashtag throughout the Contest Period (the “Tweet”) (Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free, and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to http://twitter.com (“Twitter Web Site”) and following the onscreen instructions to open an account.). A “word-based mash-up” is defined as a new word or phrase generated by combining portions of existing words. BY TWEETING THE SPECIFIED HASHTAG, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. You are required to follow the Official Comedy Central Twitter account located at twitter.com/ComedyCentral so you can see the Winners announcement to see if you’ve won (pending verification) in addition to the winner notification described in Section 5 below. Please note that if you do not respond to the Winners notification described in Section 5, you will be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected. Multiple entries per Week are permitted but automated tweets or tweets sent via a bot will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Web Site. Creating multiple Twitter Accounts in order to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of all Entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Sponsor to see the your Twitter updates. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are a Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phones capabilities for specific instructions.
5. Prize Winners Selection/Notification: The Contest Period shall consist of twelve (12) total weeks. Week 1 shall be from September 7 – 11, 2012. Week 2 shall be from September 12 - 18, 2012. Week 3 shall be from September 19 - 25, 2012. Week 4 shall be from September 26 – October 2, 2012. Week 5 shall be from October 3 - 9, 2012. Week 6 shall be from October 10 – 16, 2012. Week 7 shall be from October 17 – 23, 2012. Week 8 shall be from October 24 – 30, 2012. Week 9 shall be from October 31, 2012 – November 6, 2012. Week 10 shall be from November 7 – 13, 2012. Week 11 shall be from November 14 - 20, 2012. Week 12 shall be from November 21 - 27, 2012. For Weeks 1 - 12, one (1) Weekly Winner (“the Weekly Winner”) will be chosen every Wednesday during the Contest Period. We shall select a total of twelve (12) winners (collectively “the Winners”), from the Eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. Winners will be chosen based on originality and creativity by a panel of Comedy Central representatives. To be eligible for prizes during Weeks 1 through 12, entry must be received by the Tuesday of that respective week at 11:59 P.M. (ET). VMN will make up to one (1) attempt over the twenty-four (24) hour period following the Winners selection to contact the potential Prize Winners via each Prize Winner’s Twitter account and via tweets from Comedy Central. If any potential winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of being contacted, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until all potential winners respond.
6. Prize Winners Verification: The potential winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential winner. In the event of non-compliance by any potential winner such potential winner may be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners must sign within three (3) days of receipt of the following documents from VMN: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Contest Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Contest Entities the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winners’ social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Contest constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. Winners also must acknowledge that Sponsor have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that the Winners will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. The Winners must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Winners may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Deadline, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Prizes (26): The Winners will each receive: Comedy Central CD/DVD pack (the foregoing, the “Prizes”).
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prize will be made by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, including, without limitation, any equipment to be used in connection with the Prize are solely Winner’s responsibility. The value of the Prize may be taxable to the Winners as income. The Winners may need to supply Sponsor with his/her social security numbers for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the Winners, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the Prize received. Upon entry into the Contest, the Winners (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely the Winners’ responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winners or potential Winners who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prize as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR CONTEST ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Contest Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prizes may be awarded to Winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Contest Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize.
10. Winners List: For a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners List, Comedy Central’s “Comedy Central's Mash-Up Contest”, 345 Hudson Street, Office 7403E, New York, NY 10014 by December 31, 2012.
11. Sponsor: Contest sponsored by Comedy partners, a New York general partnership, doing business as Comedy Central, with offices at 345 Hudson Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10014. Twitter is not a sponsor of the Contest, and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Contest, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of the prizes.