CC: Behind the Scenes Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE MARKET AREA (AS HEREINAFTER DEFINED) AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The "CC: Behind the Scenes Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") commences at 12:00 AM (ET) on June 4, 2013 and ends at 11:59 PM (ET) on June 30, 2013 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
3. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States who are at least 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Comedy Partners ("CP") and Axe Hair (the "Sponsor"), Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, and each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, with Sponsors, the "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by CP, and by the decisions of CP, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes and (b) release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest and/or the use or misuse or redemption of a prize, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
4. To Enter: There is one method of entry.
The Online Entries, in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively referred to hereinafter as the "Eligible Entries". Enter once per day but limit one (1) Prize (as hereinafter defined) per person or household. All entries become the property of CP and will not be acknowledged or returned. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries received.
5. Winner Selection/Notification: There will be one (1) grand prize winner ("Grand Prize Winner") randomly selected from among all of the Eligible Entries on or about July 1, 2013. Sponsors (or third party on their behalf, if applicable) will make up to two (2) attempts over the 48 hour period following Winner selection to contact the potential Winners via the telephone number(s) provided on their entry forms. If a potential Winner cannot be reached during the 48 hour period in which he/she is called (no messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems) the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entries received. Sponsors reserve the right not to award some or all of the Prizes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that an insufficient number of Eligible Entries were received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Winner Verification: The potential Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within two (2) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received in Sponsors sole discretion. The Winner (as hereinafter defined) of Grand Prize Winner, must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian if Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor must sign) and return to Sponsors (or third party on their behalf, if applicable) within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Sponsors: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sponsor Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, members, affiliated companies and subsidiaries, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of any Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Prizes; (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsors the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and (c) Winner's acknowledgment and agreement of compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes Winners' of Grand Prize Winner's agreement to sign such releases. Winners of Grand Prize
Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsors have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prizes. Grand Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsors (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prizes and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by Sponsors or Winner may forfeit Prizes at Sponsors sole discretion. All decisions of Sponsors relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsors expressly reserve the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsors deems necessary.
(a) Grand Prize: The one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be a guest on set at a Comedy Central production for one day. The Grand prize winner will receive round trip airfare to the production and a hotel room for one (1) person for two (2) nights in the city where the production takes place.
The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($3,500.00). If the Grand Prize Winner is not available on the dates specified by CP, in its sole discretion, Grand Prize Winner privileges and the Grand Prize will be terminated and an alternative Grand Prize Winner may be selected from the remaining applicable Eligible Entries. Grand Prize Winner must travel on the same itinerary. If Grand Prize Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must pay his/her own expenses. CP will determine the airline and hotel in their sole discretion. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Grand Prize Winner must possess valid travel documents in order to travel. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. Sponsors shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsors shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. All travel dates are subject to change in CP's discretion. If for any reason any Grand Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, the CP reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in its discretion and shall award a substitute prize of comparable or greater value, which may include, but is not limited to, a cash prize equivalent to the ARV of the trip portion of the Grand Prize as set forth in these Official Rules.
The total ARV for all of the Prizes is Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($3,500.00). The ARVs are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment and, in the case of the Grand Prize, the time of travel and the distance between departure and destination. Any difference between the ARV's and the actual values, if any, will not be rewarded.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prizes, including all travel arrangements will be made by Sponsors (or third party on their behalf, if applicable). The dates for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be on or before July 1, 2014 and such date is subject to change in Sponsors sole discretion. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, including, without limitation, meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, entertainment, tips, souvenirs, personal expenses, damages to hotel rooms, any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes are solely Winners responsibility. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winners as income. Grand Prize Winner must supply Sponsors with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the Grand Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, Winners (as well as all other entrants) are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winners responsibility. Sponsors shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize Prizes as described herein.
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prizes or any portion thereof permitted, except by CP, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR SPONSORS INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSORS SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Sponsors assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and the Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in CP's on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on Website and the Prizes may be awarded to a winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsors. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by CP are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. The Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsors from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sponsors, and hereby acknowledge that said Sponsors have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes.
10. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Business & Legal Affairs, Legal Assistant
Attn.: "CC: Behind the Scenes Sweepstakes"
345 Hudson Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10014
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winners must be made by sixty (60) days following Sweepstakes end date. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting "Official Rules" or the names of the "Winners". Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. Sponsors: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Axe Hair with offices at 700 Sylvan Ave. Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632.